Composer Contest 2017 | Violin Competition
- 1st Prize (Absolute) Winner – Diploma and Recital in Beijing (China) *
- 1st Prize “Composition Prize” – The winning composition will be published with one of European Editions
- 1st Prize Winner in a Young Category – Diploma and D’Addario Prize
- 1st Prize Winner in a Violin Category – Diploma and a Violin generously donated by Master Luthier Valery Prilipko, Cremona, Italy)
- 2nd Prize Winner in a Violin Category – Diploma and Musafia Professional Violin Case (Value of 1000 EUR, Handmade in Cremona, Italy) **
- 2nd Prize Winner – Diploma and the Gift from “Mdina Glass” (Malta)
- 3rd Prize Winner – Diploma and a Recital in VFIMF or at the CAA
- Special Violin Prizes in Young Categories – Diplomas and Sets of D’Addario Strings, offered by the “D’Addario Foundation” (USA)
- Special Piano Prize for the best execution of the contemporary work by Dr. John Galea, Diploma and the Gift (value of 200 EUR) offered by “Badia” (China)
- Special Piano Prize for the best execution of the contemporary work by Prof. Daniel Andres (Switzerland), Diploma and Recital in Switzerland (travel costs and accommodation will be covered by our Swiss partners)
- Special Prize to a Maltese most promising instrumentalist/s, Diploma and the Gift (value of 250 EUR) offered by “Badia” (China)
* The Prize includes: the performance – Recital; travel costs and accommodation will be partly covered by an organization in Beijing, (China); promotions and advertising will be organized by Maltese and Chinese organizations. A contemporary composition is included in the program of the Recital.
** This Prize is kindly offered by “Musafia Cremona Italy”
*** This Prize is kindly offered by “Badia Limited Company” – one of the leading jewelry merchants in Beijing (China)
The Prize-Winners are required to give benevolent performance in the concert following the final round, to be organized by the competition management. All candidates are asked to be available to the media for the duration of the competition. Any competitor can request a certificate of “The Participant”.
THE JURY will comprise at least four members of different nationalities, recognized and accomplished music professors, teachers and artists. The names of the Jurors will be made known following the application deadline. If necessary, some of the Jury members might be replaced. The Jury will communicate the results at the end of each round, indicating the name of those musicians and groups passing to the following round. Jury members will not rank/vote for competitors or ensembles who are related to them or who have been studying with them in the 12 months preceding the competition. Contestants shall not communicate with jury members during the competition, nor shall any other person communicate with the jury members on behalf of any competitor. Violation of this rule will result in automatic disqualification from the competition. The jury is free to award or to withhold prizes as it sees. Ex-aequo prizes and special mention awards are permitted. Competitors may be interrupted at any time during their performance, if the Jury considers it suitable. The judges’ decision is final. Legal recourse is excluded.
NOTE! All the money Prizes are indicated before the 18% of tax.